Thursday 9 April 2009

The job list gets longer ...

My daily driver - the wifes yellow Beetle - has been giving me an inclination that all might not be 100% and it could do with some time and attention.

I know it needs a proper service, and the suspension has always been extremely stiff. It seemed to lose a little oomph recently, and i was starting to think both the accelerator and clutch cables will need replacing soon.

However time hasn't been exactly in abundance, and my focus has been on the bus so that i still have a car on the road.

I was forced into a decision last night though. I got to the end of the track where my workshop is and the accelerator hit the floor. Accelerator cable snapped. Bugger.

So the yellow beetle has been left there stranded overnight. Hopefully i can get a new cable today. 4 new balljoints too while im at it. I will then sort the accelerator cable, finish the service (it had an oil change last week) and strip the front end down and sort anything that needs doing. At the same point i will stick the old Empi 8 wheels back on it so that the current alloys can be removed of their boots and detailed nicely.

Sadly, no pictures, largely because my phones screen has packed up. Its just been one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment