Thursday 23 April 2009

The heat is on

I have great enthusiast and confidence in a hot summer this year. And that kinda weather could see some of my wildest dreams come to fruitition. I always love it when the clocks change, it always gives me enthusiasm to get outside after work and tinker some more.

Recently i had spotted that 2 of the tyres on Nana were pretty much bald. Thankfully a customer had recently given us a set of 356 rims, so 2 of these went on the 411 and the empi 8's from the 411 went on the front of Nana. I had the boots taken off the Firestones straight away, and the plan now is to get them det
ailed, sort the front end of Nana out, and then have the front end all as i wanted it!
So this is how the wheels started out ... looking very dirty and worn. After a quick clean with some alcohol wipes, and a going over with some fine emery cloth this is how they look. Next to get onto the wet or dry, and then start the polishing.











I also managed to remove the old rusted bleed nipples from the old callipers on the bus, and fit new ones. This means the bus brakes should now be ready to bleed! WOOHOO! Hopefully that can get done this week.

Hopefully i will either a) get my normal phone back or b) be able to get a battery or the camera, so that i can get some decent pics on the blog soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment