Friday 21 January 2011

Bus - N/S Battery Tray Repair Day 2

Knowing i had a fair amount of grinding and cleaning of welds I dashed out yesterday afternoon to BOC to pick up some fibre discs.  I know a lot of people use flap discs but I find them bulky, too abrasive, and expensive.

So, armed with a box of 20 discs and a new arbour, I got the grinder ready.




A quick session cleaning up old welds was soon underway, followed by a session with the welder to make the panel solid, and then another session with the grinder.

Its not finished yet, but I gave it a quick coat of primer to actually see where I was with things and highlight areas I'm not yet happy with.  Still, its a massive improvement compared to where I was the night before!

Photobucket

And now onto the weekend, I'm hoping to eek a few hours out of tomorrow morning and ideally get the rear arch repair panel in.

No comments:

Post a Comment