Wednesday 9 February 2011

Barn Tidy/ Eb Wiring Stripdown

With the likes of One Born Every Minute and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding being on TV its given me plenty of time out in the barn recently knowing I'm 100% guaranteed to get no objection!

The work on tidying the barn, and sorting the loft area, continues and its going well.  Although I've realised the photos make it look a right state still!

This is how the barn looks at the moment;


And this is where I'm at with the loft area;


Still a fair way to go, but its being cleaned out at quite a good pace.

Anyway, with all Eb's suspension being in the barn I deided for a clean up before I started sorting things out.  Just a few minutes can make such a difference!


The red box (you can see on the table) was inside the bug when I brought it back and contained a load of parts that came off before paint. I had no idea what was in there, and it needed sorting.  Having checked back through some photos the other day I spotted the original ignition barrel in place (I couldn't remember if we welded the hole up or not lol) and so was anxious to find out if I still had the original ignition barrell.


As I worked my way through the loom I quickly found this!


And then look what I saw at the bottom of the glovebox liner!  I spy with my little eye ...


... the original key!


This pretty much made my evening! With the wiring loom stripped down (and all the old wires thrown away) I enjoyed a celebratory beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment