Thursday 10 February 2011

Eb - Rear Brake Mock Up

With all the suspension and steering in the barn its given me a perfect opportunity to trial fit everything - especially as its all going to be cleaned back and recoated anyhow.

sadly when I looked at the beam I've realised there's no steering lock tab on it.  This means I need to take the beam back to Essex, mock up the whole front end, and fabricate a steering lock tab.  Only then is it worth me recoating the beam.  On the plus side it means I get to see how the front end will look with the Budniks on the car.

So to the rear end.  This was giving me some headaches before I came to it.  It runs 944 rear brakes, and as I wasn't the one who disassembled everything I wasnt quite sure what was or wasn't there.

Andway, this is the rear trailing arm with the hub still attached.


So I whacked on a disc.  Seems to fit OK, which means I bought the right discs all those years ago! lol


And then tried out one of the callipers for size.


I think that'll look awesome once its all been detailed :)

And then to the handbrake.  This is something I've never touched, and so really wasn't looking forward to.

This is what I need.



And what I strip back the trailing arm to the calliper carrier you can see what I've got ...


And so I spent some time going through my boxes of misc parts and components.  I seem to have enough to get one side together.  However I have no idea where the other side is.  I have one box to check through tonight, otherwise I'm needing to find someone who's breaking a 944.  Less than ideal.  Still, once this is done I can mock the whole rear end up and then get it all stripped back and coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment