Monday 21 February 2011

Monday Morning Blues

I spent a short while this morning sat down with coffee, pen and paper calculating jobs that need to get done on the bus.  Spaces in the calendar, scheduling the job list and adding up the required funds to complete the project.

As my job list grew longer I realised it makes greatest sense to finish the bus in one hit if I can.  That means completing the roof swap, sorting the front panel and getting everything into paint.

My biggest problem here is going to be timescale.  My big drive on this is due to the Misano MotoGP in September.  We're planning a road trip, and the bus is to be our trusty steed!

The calendar makes things look possible - I planned the rear end and O/S sill work into my diary and realised that there was every chance I can start the roof swap over Easter.

But greater work means a larger number of new parts are required.  The roof swap means that the windows will come out for paint, and everything will go back together with new seals.  Worst case scenario I could be looking at close to £1000 needed to complete the project.

I called Tash to let her know where we were at.  I guess I was hoping for a 'we'll get it done, there will be a way to save money or raise some funds'.  Instead I got 'no, we can't spend that'.  Now I know she is correct, and that she didn't mean it as I took it, but it really rained on my parade and put me in a bad mood.

As the day went on my mood didn't change, but my determination strengthened.

I spent a few hours in the barn in the evening and started cleaning Eb's rear suspension.  I was going to do some more sorting of the loft area but I saw another rat up there and it freaked me out!  I would rather have been out on the bus, and as the weather slowly starts improving I am going to squeeze every hour I can onto that vehicle!

In the meantime I'm just going to change my bait in the rat trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment